Sunday, January 13, 2008

Horrible Weekend


It didn't start out horrible...well, kinda. Dave is really sick so I guess it did start out yucky. But it got worse. We went to Church on Saturday as usual. After Church and after the potluck I went out to the car and started it and pulled it forward to right in front of the door. People were coming and going in and out of the front door, standing in the foyer, etc. Well, the car was stolen anyway. Someone actually came right up to the front door and stole it. I went in to get Rayne, right in the foyer and wasn't even away 10 minutes and it was gone. I am very thankful there was no child in the car and I will never do that again. But nevertheless, we have no car now. Who knows if we will get it back. We are hoping that our insurance covers the cost of rental car until we either get it back or they consider it a loss. We do have gap insurance on it, so they will pay off the loan if it's a loss. Needless to say I was very shaken when it happened and had to try and remain calm..I didn't want to go into labor after all. So Dave is sick, he had to work anyway and now his car is gone. Thankfully my brother has let us use his car until we find out about getting a rental. I'll know tomorrow about all the insurance stuff. I cleaned out the car that morning, so the loss inside is minimal, although there are items in there we would very much like to have back. Quinn's sonogram pictures, Rayne's favorite princess blanket and her baby. Dave's walking stick. And of course there were 2 carseats in there as our SIL and niece rode with us. It's really sad how icky people are..to take someone's car right from under their nose and with 2 carseats in the back. We had to change our locks on our doors too, because they have our house key and there is mail in the car that I got that day with our address on it. I will be glad when this world is no longer under Satan's rule. It can't come soon enough.
Aside from that, we are all ok. Quinn is very active and Rayne is sad about the things she has lost in the car, but being very brave. We did get her a new baby today that she loves, but her blanket is what she is missing the most. And of course as a Mother, that hurts. I feel bad for her as she doesn't understand why someone took our car and her blanket..but she does know that they chose Satan's way and knows Christ needs to return. She's growing up so fast. She can now pour her own cereal and milk in the morning, she can make and butter her own toast and get herself a drink. These little things will help tremendously once Quinn is born. When she turned 5 I will teach her to make scrambled eggs. If she can be self sufficient in the morning, I can get a little bit of sleep when I need it. I am 7 months pregnant today and we are getting excited to meet little Quinn. I hope everyone has a safe and pleasant night and day tomorrow...don't ever leave your car unattended and don't ever leave your little ones in the car..EVER. I've learned my lesson.

No comments: