Friday, November 14, 2008

So it's all about the pull tabs.


First, about the title. So I had to get groceries today..my favorite chore in the wide world (not). I went to 3 different stores and the last one was WalMart..my least favorite of the 3. We are in the checkout and I had Esme with us...the girls were really good all day and they were bugging me for a new play cell phone because they had tinkerbell. They just saw the new tinkerbell movie so they are all about tinkerbell right now. ANYWAY, so I cave and say okay and they hand the lady their phone. Well the nice lady in the line told them they should make sure the phones have the battery tab in them so they know they are fresh batteries and will last longer. Thanks nice lady! So then they had to search all over the checkout lines on either side of us in search of 2 tinkerbell phones with the tab. At first they found one. That will not do. There HAD to be 2 of them. Thanks again lady, really. So they FINALLY found another one with a tab. WHEW. I wanted to give one of those big fake thank you smiles to the lady. But I didn't. I know it was true, they would be guaranteed to be fresh, but COME ON. They are toys and I needed to get home, it was getting late and there were TWO of them! That could have been very ugly. Thankfully it was not. Not TOO much so. On another note..I think Quinn is trying to get his top teeth now. He's been more cranky and drooly. He was up a lot in the wee hours of the morning just thrashing and fussing and not needing anything in particular but a pat and shush. I was really tired this morning so I came out..plopped him on the floor (gently of course) put his basket of toys next to him, told Dave why and said a goodnight to all of them for an hour. So besides that and groceries and making dinner...that was all that was accomplished today. I can't get used to these shorter days and especially on Friday which is a prep day for me for the Sabbath. It comes way too soon...I don't have enough time to get ready. OH well. Life goes on. I guess that's all for now..Quinn is fussing again. Later!

No comments: