Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Going to start something new...


First off the picture is of my friend's son and I just love it! :)...So my blog is kinda boring..unless you are family and checking in for updates...and friends. But otherwise...big whoop right? Well, I'm going to still do updates on the fam, but I am also going to start writing out my life adventure..I know..big whoop again. But I've wanted to do that for a long time so I don't forget in my old age things I've done, places I've been and when and all that jazz. So I will start today. Updates..Quinn is growing FAST. He is much heavier than I remember Rayne being at this age...must be my yummy moojuice...he loves it. He is still sleeping well at night..wakes about every 2-3 hours to eat and poop and get changed. Seriously..he poops everytime he eats. And he LOVES having a fresh diaper to poop in...everytime I change him...he poops. Dave has seen it and Lisa (SIL) has seen it. Or should I say..heard it, lol. Rayne is still adjusting somewhat...she still has break downs and wants A LOT of attention. So we are still working on that with her.

So now for the biography stuff. Not sure where to start..my childhood was pretty uneventful..so I dont' want to start there. College was interesting. But not quite as interesting as afterwards. Hmmmmm...I guess I should include some college stuff. I attended a private University through our Church...before the Church split up in a million pieces. That was fun too. The only reason I got into this college was because I played violin and had a high recommendation from our minister. My SATs weren't that great..they were mediocre at best. After the first year in college, I wanted to quit. I wanted to leave after getting a 2 year and travel or something..I was so sick of studying. But I hung in there and finished. I was in a lot of activities during college and when I think about it, I have no idea how I did it all without collapsing. I always had a full load credit-wise...16-18 credits going. At one point I had to get approval to have 18 or 19 credits..I can't remember which one...and I got the approval. It was Orchestra putting me over the limit..which was only 1 credit. I also had Women's Speech Club, Outreach Volunteer, Volleyball or whatever other sport was going on at the time, working out, Orchestra rehearsal's at night for a big production and I was the concert master. I negotiated with the instructor/director for more scholarship money for me to stay in Orchestra because of having so much on my plate and being concert master. He upped me one and not only gave me more money for the following year, but paid off my tuition for the previous year that I had left! Cool eh? Believe me, I had it coming..rehearsal's were at least 3-4 hours extra, 3 times a week. I also worked 20 hours a week to help pay for tuition and such. Doesn't seem like much, but when you are stretched thin already..it's not easy finding time to work. Any spare time I had, I was at work or studying. It was a busy busy time. I also somehow made time to socialize and go to dances...I LOVED dancing in college and learned a ton from guy friends that new how to swing dance. By the time I was a sophomore, I knew a ton of moves and had a blast. I also basically discovered that I could sing in college. I was singing a song in the bathroom and someone asked me if I was going to try out for the next dance coming up. I said, I never thought about it and the girl said I should try..so I did and I made it and the first time I ever sang with a microphone or in front of people was in front of about 1000 people on a huge stage. It was the most fun I ever had and I was hooked. From then on I tried to find any place there was to go singing and I still love doing it. That was also the reason for one of the adventures I have been on in my life...more on that later though. Anyway..my grades kinda suffered because I had so much going on all the time, but I think it was worth it in the end. I had a lot of fun and learned alot and made a lot of friends...most of which I have no contact with unfortunately..not sure what happened there. I tried to keep in touch, but just didn't have the contact from their end, so I guess I gave up. I think that's enough for now. Quinn woke up anyway and needs my attention...go figure!

No comments: