Tuesday, February 12, 2008

On The Mend...


Well last week was a total wash up. Rayne got a fever and got sick Sunday night and slept most of Monday...and then I felt a little tickly in my throat Monday evening and by Tuesday morning I was full blown sick as a dog. Fever, aches, chills..it was AWFUL. Rayne started feeling better by Tuesday but was still whiney and needy and Dave had to work overtime all week so it was all me. Being sick and taking care of a child is NOT fun. I haven't been that sick in a LONG time. I didn't start feeling better until Friday. Thankfully, my parents were able to take Rayne on Thursday for the day and she even spent the night and made it!! But then she had a relapse on Friday with a low grade fever and crankiness. She was pretty cranky all weekend but we are both on the mend now and feeling better. Our energy level is still not that great, but no more fevers and feeling good for the most part. Quinn is very active and doing great. I had a midwife appt. today and actually lost 1 pound, but the midwife figures I'll make up for being sick in the next couple of weeks. Finding who I will be transferring to is still an ongoing process. Not sure if the midwife I was going to go to will work out after all and now I may have to look into an OB that my current midwife has suggested to me. All I want is to find someone who will listen to my birthplan and do everything in their power to adhere to it. Is that so hard?? Why do OB's think they have to be so rigid with birth? I understand things happen sometimes, but why do they have to treat everyone like something IS going to go wrong? It's frustrating. Anyway...Rayne's birthday is right around the corner and we are still trying to figure out what to do for her. It's her Golden Bday so we want it to be special. We are thinking of redoing her room into a princess room..she LOVES the princesses from Disney. We want to get her a real bed and curtains and a lamp and accessories...just not sure how much that will all cost. I guess that's it for now...

No comments: